PDA

View Full Version : Fortress of the Muslim

MG
17-12-06, 08:56 PM
i was gonna put this in the "Dont be sad" thread but the search facility isnt working so im starting this thread for now.

I have noticed on this forum that alot of brothers and sisters are feeling low, sad, grieved (for some reason or other) and depressed at the moment.

So i have found some invocations inshallah taken from the book "Fortress of the Muslim" (which i would recommend everyone to buy and keep in your bag wherever u go, its only a pocket sized lil thing.) for u all to recite among st other things like contiuning your ibadah as well.

MG
17-12-06, 09:01 PM
What To Say If You Are Afraid To Go To Sleep Or Feel Lonely And Depressed

'A 'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min ghadhabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri 'ibaadihi, wa min hamazaatish-shayaateeni wa 'an yahdhuroon.

I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from his anger and his punishment, from the evil of his slaves and from the taunts of devils and from their presence.

(Abu Dawud 4/12. See also Al-albani, sahih at-tirmidhi 3/171)

MG
17-12-06, 09:07 PM
Invocation for anguish

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahul-'Adheemul-Haleem, laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu Rabbul-'Arshil-'Adheem, laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-'ardhi wa Rabbul- 'Arshil-Kareem.

There is none worthy of worship but Allah the Mighty, the Forbearing. There is none worthy of worship but Allah, Lord of the magnificent Throne. There is none worthy of worship but Allah, Lord of the heavans and Lord of the earth, and Lord of the Noble Throne.

Al-Bukhari 8/154, Muslim 4/2092

MG
17-12-06, 09:12 PM
Cont...

Allahumma rahmataka 'arjoo falaa takilnee 'ilaa nafsee tarfata 'ayin, wa 'aslih lee sha'nee kullahu, laa'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta.

O Allah, i hope for your mercy. Do not leave me to myself even for the blinking of an eye (i.e. a moment). Correct all of my affairs for me. There is none worthy of worship but you.

Abu Dawud 4/324, Ahmad 5/42. Al-Albani graded it as good in sahih Abu dawud 3/959

MG
17-12-06, 09:17 PM
Cont...

Laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta subhaanaka 'innee kuntu minadh-dhaalimeen.

There is none worthy of worship but you, glory is to you. Surely, i was among the wrongdoers.

At-Tirmidhi 5/529. Al-Hakim declared it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed with him 1/505. See also Al-Albani, sahih At tirmithi 3/168

MG
17-12-06, 09:19 PM
Cont...

Allaahu Allaahu Rabbee laa 'ushriku bihi shay'an.

Allah, Allah is my Lord. I do not associate anything with him.

Abu Dawud 2/87. See also Al-Albani, Sahih ibn majah 2/335

amatullah_amina
18-12-06, 01:21 AM
aslamu alaikum warematullah wabarakatu
jazakAllahu kahirun sis

walaikum aslam warematullah

MG
18-12-06, 08:39 AM
aslamu alaikum warematullah wabarakatu
jazakAllahu kahirun sis

walaikum aslam warematullah

no problem inshallah will try and do more as time goes on ,cos its whole book,if anyone else wishes to contribute in the meantime feel free

alld
18-12-06, 08:54 AM
no problem inshallah will try and do more as time goes on ,cos its whole book,if anyone else wishes to contribute in the meantime feel free

:salams

:jkk:

please continue to post more duas InshaAllah ....

MG
18-12-06, 09:40 AM
:salams

please continue to post more duas InshaAllah ....

wa alikum aslaam

inshallah will do, keep me in your duas!!

alld
18-12-06, 09:41 AM
wa alikum aslaam

inshallah will do, keep me in your duas!!

InshaAllah always InshaAllah

Wassalam

MG
20-12-06, 09:48 PM
Invocation in times of worry and grief

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka,sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee,wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee.

O Allah, I am your slave and the son of your male slave and the son of your female slave. My forehead is in your hand (i.e.you havr contro over me). Your judgement upon me is assured and your decree concerning me is just. I ask you by every name that you have named yourself with, revealed in your book, taught anyone of your creation or kept unto yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with you , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Ahmad 1/391, and Al-Albani graded it authentic

:( this dua truly humbles me

Khubaib
20-12-06, 10:01 PM

Sadness is indeed cured with remembrance of Allah, His promises, His blessings, and His mercy.

MG
20-12-06, 10:16 PM
Invocation for When Tragedy Strikes

'Innaa lillahi wa 'innaa 'ilayhi raaji'oon, Allaahumma'-jurni fee museebatee wa 'akhlif lee khayran minhaa.

We are from Allah and unto him we return. O Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.

Muslim 2/632

Raul-7
20-12-06, 11:59 PM

Do you happen to have them written in Arabic? I have trouble reading English-Arabic. :o

Maureen
21-12-06, 12:13 AM

Sadness is indeed cured with remembrance of Allah, His promises, His blessings, and His mercy.
Khubaib: I agree that sadness can be cured with remembrance of God.........
Unfortunately, those that are depressed cannot see this at the time, and therefore something else needs to be done.
For years, I have been involved in a telephone counselling service. People from every faith on earth phone in to discuss their problems. Talking over something anonymously is not for everyone, but I can say that it works for most people who do it.

Hafsah
21-12-06, 12:21 AM
great thread mashaAllaah sis

the fortress of the muslim duaa book can be found online with arabic:

http://www.makedua.com/

Raul-7
21-12-06, 06:29 AM
great thread mashaAllaah sis

the fortress of the muslim duaa book can be found online with arabic:

http://www.makedua.com/

:jkk: Sister. Bookmark. :up:

MG
21-12-06, 09:27 AM

Do you happen to have them written in Arabic? I have trouble reading English-Arabic. :o

they are in arabic yes but i dont know how to type it in arabic :s sorry akhi, if someone else could do it on here that would be great.

oops jus saw hafsah's post, j/k sis!!

Na'eemah
21-12-06, 01:01 PM
Nice thread

MG
21-12-06, 01:06 PM
Nice thread

jazakallah khair sis *smilie*

MG
21-12-06, 01:07 PM
I have put the following invocation in the "dhul Hijjah" thread as well.

Invocation to be recited on the Day Of Arafat

The Prophet SAW said: The best invocation is that of the Day Of Arafat, and the best that anyone can say is what i and the Prophets before me have said:

"Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and his is the praise, and He is Able to do all things."

At-Tirmithi. Al-Albani graded good in Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/184, and also Silsilatul-'Ahadith As Sahihah 4/6

MG
21-12-06, 01:17 PM
mashallah look at the reward for this .

Invocations for visiting the sick

Laa ba'sa tahoorun 'in shaa' Allah.

Do not worry, it will be a purification (for you), Allah willing.

Al-Bukhari, cf.Al-Asqalani Fathul-Bari 10/118

'As'alullaahal-'Adheema Rabbal-'Arshil-Adheemi 'an yashfiyaka.

I ask Amighty Allah , Lord of the magnificent Throne, to make you well. (Recite 7 times in arabic)

At-Tirmithi Abu Dawud . See also Al-0Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 2/210 and sahihul-jami' As Saghir 5/180

The Reward for visiting sick

When a man goes to visit his sick muslim brother , he walks along a path of paradise until he sits , and when he sits he is cloaked in mercy , If he comes in the morning, seventy thousand angels pray for him until evening , and if he comes in the evening, seventy thousand angels pray for him until morning.

At-Tirmithi, ibn majah, ahmad. See Al-Albani, Sahih ibn majah 1/244, and sahih At-tirmithi 1/286. It was also graded authentic by Ahmad Shakir.

Umar`
21-12-06, 07:36 PM
i was gonna put this in the "Dont be sad" thread but the search facility isnt working so im starting this thread for now.

I have noticed on this forum that alot of brothers and sisters are feeling low, sad, grieved (for some reason or other) and depressed at the moment.

So i have found some invocations inshallah taken from the book "Fortress of the Muslim" (which i would recommend everyone to buy and keep in your bag wherever u go, its only a pocket sized lil thing.) for u all to recite among st other things like contiuning your ibadah as well.

JazakAllahu khayr sister, best to keep the book on your person than in a bag though, being it has Quranic ayah in it, its only small.

MG
21-12-06, 07:42 PM
JazakAllahu khayr sister, best to keep the book on your person than in a bag though, being it has Quranic ayah in it, its only small.

bag i meant handbag (wallet for the bros i assume) my handbag is always in front of me so its not a problem and i make sure i dont put my bag on the floor as well but a good point for those that put their things everywhere and anywhere j/k

Tahiyah
21-12-06, 07:54 PM
Allah's messenger (pbuh) then prayed to Allah Almighty to make the glorious Qur'an the prime of his heart, meaning the spiritual food of his body, mind, and soul, and through it, to wash away, dispel, and cure his stresses, worries, and concerns, making it the one conclusive medicine that will extract illnesses, and restore the human being to his true status and balance. Hence, he asked his Lord to make the Qur'an the light of his soul that removes any corrosion that tarnishes his clarity and wisdom, and that polishes his heart. Such medicine works only if the patient is truthful in his asking for it, sincere in his trust in its effectiveness and uses it as prescribed by his physician. Hence, Allah willing the correct use of the medicine will certainly be followed by complete recovery, excellent health and vitality and Allah is the Supreme helper.

MG
23-12-06, 10:47 PM
Invocation when you find something difficult

Allahumma laa sahla 'illaa maa ja'altahu sahlan wa 'Anta taj'alul-hazna 'ithaa shi'ta sahlan

O Allah, there is no ease other than what you make easy. If you please you ease sorrow

Ibn hibban in his sahih (no2427)and ibn as sunni (no351). Al hafidh (ibn hajar) said that this hadith is authentic. It was also declared authentic by 'Abdul-Qadir Al-Arna'ut in his checking of An-Nawawi's Kitabul-Athkar'p P.106.

MG
23-12-06, 10:59 PM
Invocations against the devil and his promptings

Seeking refuge with Allah against him (i.e. by saying i seek refuge in Allah from satan the outcast).

Abu Dawud 1/206, At-Tirmidhi. See also Al-Albani ,sahih at-tirmidhi 1/77 and surat Al mu'minun 23:98-9

The call to prayer- Athan

Muslim 1/291 Al bukhari 1/151

Saying words of Allah's remeberance (thikr) and recitation of the Qur'an.

"Do not turn your homes into graveyards, surely the devil flees from the house in which surat al-baqarah is read", Muslim 1/539. The devil is also driven out by the invocations for morning and evening, those that are said before sleeping and upon waking up, those for entering and leaving the house, including those for entering and leaving the masjid, and by many other authentic invocations taught to us by the Prophet SAW such as the reading of Ayatul-kursi, (Al-baqarah 2:255), and the last two ayat of surat Al-baqarah before going to sleep. Whoever says: " There is none worthy of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and his is the praise, and he is able to do all things," one hundred times, it will be a protection for him from the devil throughout the day.

MG
23-12-06, 11:05 PM
Invocation for when something you dislike happens, or for when you fail to achieve what you attempt to do

Qadarullaahi wa maa shaa'a fa'ala

It is the decree of Allah and he does whatever he wills.

"The strong beleiver is more dear to Allah than the weak believer, and in each of them there is good. Be vigilant for what is to your benefit and seek the help of Allah and do not falter. But when you are striken by some setback, do niot say: "if only i had done such and such, 'rather say: 'It is the decree of allah and he does whatever he wills. 'For verily the saying 'if' (i.e. if only i had) begins the work of the devil." Muslim 4/2052.

MG
25-12-06, 09:49 PM
How To Seek Allah's Protection For Children

The Prophet SW used to seek llh's protection for Al-Hasan and Al-Hussain by saying:

'U'eethukumaa bikalimaatil-laahit-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammatin, wa min kulli 'aynin laammatin

I seek protection for you in the perfect words of Allah from every devil and every beast, and from every envious blameworthy eye.
Al-Bukhari

MG
25-12-06, 09:53 PM
What To Say When Tradegy Strikes

'Innaa lillaahi wa 'innaa 'ilayhi raaji'oon, Allahumma'-jurni fee museebatee wa 'akhlif lee khayran minhaa

We are from Allah and unto him we return. O Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.
Muslim 2/632

umme ahmed
25-12-06, 11:47 PM
Invocations against the devil and his promptings

Seeking refuge with Allah against him (i.e. by saying i seek refuge in Allah from satan the outcast).

Abu Dawud 1/206, At-Tirmidhi. See also Al-Albani ,sahih at-tirmidhi 1/77 and surat Al mu'minun 23:98-9

The call to prayer- Athan

Muslim 1/291 Al bukhari 1/151

Saying words of Allah's remeberance (thikr) and recitation of the Qur'an.

"Do not turn your homes into graveyards, surely the devil flees from the house in which surat al-baqarah is read", Muslim 1/539. The devil is also driven out by the invocations for morning and evening, those that are said before sleeping and upon waking up, those for entering and leaving the house, including those for entering and leaving the masjid, and by many other authentic invocations taught to us by the Prophet SAW such as the reading of Ayatul-kursi, (Al-baqarah 2:255), and the last two ayat of surat Al-baqarah before going to sleep. Whoever says: " There is none worthy of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and his is the praise, and he is able to do all things," one hundred times, it will be a protection for him from the devil throughout the day.

anyone have the arabic for the above highlighted dua please?

MG
26-12-06, 12:34 PM
anyone have the arabic for the above highlighted dua please?

sis i got this for the mo, im gonna get the arabic for u, or why dont u look at the last 2 verses of this surah in the quran?

What to say before sleeping

Bismillaahir-rahmaanir-raheem. Qul huwallaahu 'Ahad. Allaahus-samad. Lam yalid wa lam yoolad. Wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan 'ahad.

With the name of Allah, the most gracious the most merciful. Say: He is allah (the) one. The self-sufficient master, whom all creatures need, he begets not nor was he begotten, and none is equal to him.

MG
26-12-06, 02:29 PM
When you feel frightened

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaah!

There is none worthy of worship but Allah!

Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 6/181, Muslim 4/2208

MG
26-12-06, 02:38 PM
Repentance and seeking forgiveness

Allah's Messenger SAW said: "By Allah, i seek the forgiveness of Allah, and repent to him more than seventy times in a day."

Al-Bukhari,cf. Al-Asqalani, fathul-Bari 11/101.

###############################

Allah's Messenger SAW said: "O people, repent to Allah, for i verily repent to him one hundred times a day."

Muslim 4/2076

###############################

Allah's Messenger SAW said: Whoever says:

Astaghfirullaahal-'Adheemal-lathee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoomu wa 'atoobu 'ilayhi.

"i seek forgiveness of Allah the mighty, whom there is none worthy of worship except him, the living, the eternal and i repent to him, Allah will forgive him even if he has deserted the army's ranks."

Abu dawud 2/85, At=tirmithi 5/569, and Al-hakim who declared it authentic and ath-thahabi agreed with him 1/511. Al-albani graded it authentic in sahih at-tirmithi 3/182. See also jami'ul 'usool li-Ahadith Ar-rasool 4/389-90 checked by Al-Arna'ut.

#######################################

Allah's Messenger SAW said: "The closest that the Lord comes to the slave is in the last portion of the night. So, if you are able to be among those who remember Allah in this hour, then be among them."

At-tirmithi, An-nasai 1/279 and Al-Hakim. See also Al-Albani, sahih At-tirmithi 3/183, and jami'ul 'usool with Al-Arna'ut's checking 4/144

######################################

Allah's Messenger SAW said: "The closest that the slave comes to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke Allah much (in prostration)."

Muslim 1/350

#####################################

Allah's Messenger SAW said: "It is a heavy thing for my heart if i do not seek Allah;'s forgiveness a hundred times a day."

Muslim 4/2075, ibn 'athir explains that the Prophet SAW was always vigilant in his rememberance and drawing nearto Allah, and if he forgiot to do any of what he normally did from time to time, or it slipped his mind, he felt as if he had wronged himself and so he would begin to seek the forgiveness of Allah. See jami'ul-'usool 4/386.

MG
28-12-06, 08:50 PM
Invocation to be recited in the day of Arafat

The Prophet SAW said: The best invocation is that of the Day of Arafat, and the best that anyone can say is what i and the Prophets before me have said:

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and his is the praise, and he is able to do all things.

At-tirmithi.Al-Albani graded it good in sahih at-tirmithi 3/184, and also silsilatul-'ahadith as sahihah 4/6.

MG
10-01-07, 05:45 PM
invocation for the bereaved

'Inna Lillaahi maa 'akhatha, wa lahu maa 'a'taa, wa kullu shay'in 'indahu bi'ajalin musamman...faltasbir waltahtasib.

surely, Allah takes what is His, and what He gives is his, and to all things He has appointed a time... so have patience and be rewarded.

Ameen.
( Al-Bukhari 2/80)

MG
10-01-07, 05:46 PM
Invocation for the Bereaved 2
'A 'dhamallaahu 'ajraka, wa 'ahsana 'azaa'aka wa ghafara limayyitika.Ameen.

May Allah magnify your reward, and make perfect your bereavement, and forgive your departed.

(An-Nawawi,Kitabul-'Athkar,P.126)

MG
10-01-07, 05:50 PM
Invocation to be recited when placing the dead in his grave

Bismillahi wa 'alaa sunnati Rasoolillaahi

With name of Allah (SWT) and according to the sunnah of the messenger of Allah (SAW)

Umm Yusef
10-01-07, 06:42 PM

I LOVE THIS BOOK! ...one of the sisters that heard my shahada gave it to me as a "reversion present" :love: There is REALLY something for every circumstance!

MG
10-01-07, 06:48 PM
Invocation to be Recited After Burying the Dead

Allaahum-maghfir lahu Allaahumma thabbithu

O Allah (SWT) forgive him. O Allah (SWT), strengthen him.

The Prophet SAW used to stop after burying the dead and say to people: "Ask Allah to forgive your brother and pray for him to be strengthened, for indeed he is now being questioned." Abu Dawud 3/315, and Al-Hakim 1/370 who graded it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed.

MG
06-02-07, 10:05 PM
~Bump~

MG
10-02-07, 09:22 PM
Supplications For When You Wake Up

Alhamdu lillaahi-lathee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa'ilayhin-nushoor

Praise be to Allah Who gives us life after He caused us to die and to Him is the Return.

Al-Bukhari cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/113; Muslim 4-2083

MG
10-02-07, 09:25 PM
What To Say When Undressing

Bismillaahi

in the name of Allah.

At-Tirmidhi 2/505, among other. See 'irwa'ulghalil no.49 and sahihul-jami'3/203

Al Qadr
10-02-07, 09:26 PM
Masha'Allah, beneficial thread.

MG
10-02-07, 09:30 PM
Invocation For Entering The Restroom

(Bismillaahi) Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-khubthi walkhabaa'ith

(Before entering) (In the name of Allah), (Then) O Allah, I seek protection in You from the male and female unclean spirits.

Al-bukhari 1/45, Muslim 1/283. The addition of Bismillah at its beginning was reported by Sa'id bin Mansur.See Fathul-Bari 1/244.

MG
10-02-07, 09:33 PM
Invocation for Leaving the Restroom

Ghufraanaka

I seek Your forgiveness

Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and At-Tirmidhi.An Nasai recorded it in 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah.Also see the checking if Ibn Al-Qayyim's Zadul-Ma'ad 2/387.

MG
10-02-07, 09:37 PM
What To Say BEFORE Performing Ablution

Bismillaahi

In the name of Allah.

Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad.See also Al-Albani, 'irwa'ul-ghalil 1/122

MG
10-02-07, 09:40 PM
What To say Upon Completing Ablution

'Ash-Hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu.

I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner;and i Bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and His Messenger.

Muslim 1/209

MG
10-02-07, 09:53 PM
What To Say When Entering The Home

Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alaa Rabbinaa tawakkalnaa.

In the name of Allah we enter, in the Name Of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we depend (then say As-Salaamu 'Alaykum to those present.)

Abu Dawud 4/325.Muslim (Hadith no.2018) says that one should mention the Name Of Allah when enetering the home and when beginning to eat; and that the devil ,hearing this says: "There is no shelter for us here tonight and no food."

MG
11-02-07, 09:34 PM
Invocation For Leaving The Masjid

Bismillaahi wassalaatu wassalaamu 'alaa Rasoolillaahi, Allahumma 'innee 'as'aluka min fadhlika, Allaahumma'simnee minash-shaytaanir-rajeem.

In the name of Allah, and peace and blessings be upon Messenger of Allah. O Allah, i ask for your favour, O Allah, protect me from satan the outcast.

Ibid.

MG
13-02-07, 09:19 PM
What To say Upon Hearing The Athan (call to prayer)

Repeat what the Mu'aththin says, except for when he says:

Hayya 'alas-salaah (hasten to the prayer) and hayya 'alal-falaah (hasten to salvation) Here you should say:

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata 'illaa billaah
There is no might and no power except by Allah.

Al Bukhari 1/152, Muslim 1/288

MG
13-02-07, 09:23 PM
Cont...

Wa 'anaa 'ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu, radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bi- Muhammadin Rasoolan wa bil'islaami deenan.

I bearwitness that none has the right to be worshipped bu Allah alone, who has no partner, and that Muhammad is his slave and his Messenger. I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Muhammad as my Messenger and with islam as my religion.
(To be recited in arabic after the Mu'aththin's Tashahhud or the words of affirmation of Faith).

Muslim 1/290

MG
13-02-07, 09:28 PM
Cont...

Allahumma Rabba haathihid-da'watit-taammati wassalaatil-qaa'imati, 'aati Muhammadanil-waseelata walfadhelata, wab'ath-hu maqaamam-mahmoodanil-lathee wa'adtahu, ('innaka laa tukhliful-mee'aad).

O Allah ,Lord of this perfect call and established prayer. Grant Muhammad the intercession and favour, and raise him to the honoured station you have promised him, (verily you do not neglect promises).

Albukhari 1/152, and the addition between brackets is from Al-Bayhaqi 1/410 with a good (hasan) chain of narration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Between the call to prayer and the 'iqamah, you should supplicate Allah for yourself. Invocation during this time is not rejected.

At-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ahmad. See also Al-Albani, 'irwa'ul-Ghalil 1/262

MG
16-02-07, 03:33 PM
Invocation for the beginning of the prayer

Allahumma baa'id baynee wa bayna khataayaaya kamaa baa'adta baynal-mashriqi walmaghribi, Allahumma naqqinee min khataayaaya kamaa yunaqqath-thawbul-'abyadhu minad-danasi, Allahummaghsilnee min khataayaaya, bith-thalji walmaa'i walbarad

O Allah, separate me from my sins as You have separated the East from the West. O Allah, cleanse me of my transgressions as the white garment is cleansed of stains. O Allah, wash away my sins with ice and water and frost.

Al-Bukhari 1/181, Muslim 1/419

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, wa tabaarakasmuka, wa ta'aalaa jadduka, wa laa 'ilaaha ghayruka.

Glory is to you O Allah, and praise. Blessed is Your Name and Exalted is Your Majesty, There is none worthy of worship but You.

Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasai, At.Tirmidhi, see |Al-Albani, sahih At-tirmithi 1/77 and sahih ibn majah 1/135

MG
17-02-07, 09:44 PM
Invocations During Ruku (Bowing In Prayer)

Subhaana Rabbiyal-'Adheem.
Glory Be to my Lord the Exalted (3times in arabic)

Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmithi, and Ahmad. See also Al-Albani's sahih At-Tirmithi 1/83

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subhaanaka Allaahumma Rabbanaa wa bihamdika Allaahum-maghfir lee.
Glory is to You, O Allah, our Lord, and praise is Yours. O Allah, forgive me.

Al-Bukhari 1/99, Muslim 1/350.

Subboohun, Quddoosun, Rabbul-malaa'ikati warrooh
Glory (to You), Most Holy (are You), Lord of the angels and the spirit.

Muslim 1/353, Abu Dawud 1/230

Allaahumma laka raka'tu, wa bika 'aamantu, wa laka 'aslamtu khasha'a laka sam'ee, wa basaree, wa mukhkhee, wa 'adhmee, wa 'asabee, wa mastaqalla bihi qadamee.
O Allah, to you i bow (in prayer) and in You i believe and to You i have submitted. Before You my hearing is humbled, as is my sight, my mind, my bones, my nerves and what my feet have mounted upon (for travel).

Muslim 1/534, Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i and At-Tirmithi.

Subhaana thil-jabarooti, walmalakooti, walkibriyaa'i, wal'adhamti.
Glory is to You, Master of power, of dominion, of majesty and greatness.

Abu Dawud 1/230, An-Nasa'i and Ahmad.Its chain of narration is good (hasan).

MG
19-02-07, 08:45 PM
Invocations For Rising From Ruku

Sami'allaahu liman hamidah
Allah hears whoever praises Him.

Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 2/282

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rabbana wa lakal-hamd, hamdan katheeran tayyiban mubaarakan feeh.
Our Lord ,praise is Yours, abundant, good and blessed praise.

Al-Bukhari cf. Al-Asqalani , fathul-bari 2/284

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mil'as-samaawaati wa mil'al-'ardhi wa maa baynahumaa, wa mil'a maa shi'ta min shay'in ba'd. 'Ahlath-thanaa'i walmajdi, 'ahaqqu maa qaalal-'abdu, wa kullunaa laka 'abdun. Allaahumma laa maani'a limaa 'a 'tayta, wa laa mu'tiya limaa mana'ta, wa laa yanfa'u thal-jaddi minkal-jadd

(A praise that) fills the heavans and the earth and what lies between them, and whatever else You please. (You Allah) are most worthy of praise and majesty, and what the slave has said-we are all Your slaves. O Allah, there is none who can withold what You give, and none may give what You have witheld. And might of the mighty person cannot benefit him against you.

Muslim 1/346

MG
21-02-07, 08:20 PM
Invocations During Ruku

Subhaana Rabbiyal-A 'laa
Glory is to my Lord, the most High. (This is said 3 times in arabic)

Abu Dawud, Ibn majah, an-nasai, at-tirmithi and ahmed. See also al-albani, sahih at-tirmithi 1/83.

Subhaanaka Allaahumma Rabbanaa wa bihamdika Allahum-maghfir lee.

Al-bukhari and muslim

Subboohun, Quddoosun, Rabbul-malaa 'ikati warrooh.
Glory (to You), Most Holy (are You), Lord of the angels and the spirit.

muslim 1/533

Allaahumma laka sajadtu wa bika 'aamantu, wa laka 'aslamtu, sajada wajhiya lillathee khalaqahu, wa sawwarahu, wa shaqqa sam ' ahu wa basarahu, tabaarakallaahu 'ahsanul-khaaliqeen.
O Allah, to You I prostrate myself and in You i believe. To You i have submitted. My face is prostrated to the one Who created it, fashioned it, and gave it hearing and sight. Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.

Muslim 1/534

Subhaana thil-jabarooti, walmalakooti, walkibriyaa'i, wal'adhamati.

Abu Dawud 1/230, an-nasai, Ahmad. see also al-albani 1/166.

Allaahum-maghfir lee thanbee kullahu, diqqahu wa jillahu, wa 'awwalahu wa 'aakhirahu wa 'alaaniyatahu wa sirrahu.
O Allah, forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and the last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden.

Muslim 1/350

Allahumma 'innee 'a 'oothu biridhaaka min sakhatika, wa bimu'aafaatika min 'uqoobatika wa 'a 'oothu bika minka, laa 'uhsee thanaa'an 'alayka 'Anta kamaa 'athnayta 'alaa nafsika.
O Allah, i seek protection in Your pleasure from Your anger, and i seek protection in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek protection in You from You. i cannot count Your praises Yourself.

Muslim 1/350

MG
25-02-07, 02:45 PM
Invocations During Sujood

Subhaana Rabbiyal-A'laa
Glory is to my Lord, the most High.(This is said 3times)

Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasai, At-tirmithi and Ahmad. See also Al-Albani, sahih At-tirmithi 1/83.

Subhaanaka Allaahumma Rabbanaa wa bihamdika Allaahum-maghfir lee.

Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Subboohun, Quddoosun, Rabbul malaa'ikati warrooh.
Glory is (to you), Most holy (are You), Lord of the angels and the spirit.

Muslim 1/533.

Allaahumma laka sajadtu wa bika 'aamantu, wa laka 'aslamtu, sajada wajhiya lillathee khalaqahu, wa sawwarahu, wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basrahu, tabaarakallaahu 'ahsanul-khaaliqeen.
O Allah, to You i prostrate myself and in You i beleive. To You i have submitted. My face is prostrated to thr One Who created it, fashioned it, and gave it hearing and sight. Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.

Muslim 1/534 and others.

Subhaana thil-jabarooti, walmalakooti, walkibriyaa'i, wal'adhamati.

Abu dawud 1/230, An-Nasai, Ahmad.See also Al-albani, sahih Abu Dawud 1/166.

Allaahum-maghfir lee thanbee kullahu, diqqahu wa jillahu, wa 'awwalahu wa 'aakhirahu wa 'alaaniyatahu wa sirrahu.
O Allah, forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden.

Muslim 1/350

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu biridhaaka min sakhatika, wa bimu 'aafaatika min 'uqoobatika wa 'a'oothu bika minka, laa 'uhsee thanaa'an 'alayka 'Anta kamaa 'athnayta 'alaa nafsika.
O Allah, i seek protection in Your pleasure from Your anger, and i seek protection in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek protection in You from You. I cannot count Your praises. You are as you have praised Yourself.

Muslim 1/352

MG
01-03-07, 06:32 PM
Invocations For Sitting Between Two Prostrations

Rabbighfir lee, Rabbighfir lee
My Lord, forgive me. My Lord, forgive me.

Abu Dawud 1/231.See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 1/148

Allahumma-maghfir lee, warhamnee,wahdinee, wajburnee, wa 'aafinee, warzuqnee, warfa'nee.
O Allah forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, support me, protect me, provide for me and elevate me.

Abu dawud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi.See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 1/90 and sahih Ibn Majah 1/148

MG
26-03-07, 07:41 PM
Supplications For Prostrating Due To recitation Of the Quran

Sajada wajhiya lillathee khalaqahu, wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basarahu bihawlihi wa quwwatihi. Fatabaarakallaahu 'ahsanul-khaaliqeen

I have prostrated my face to the one who created it, and gave it hearing and sight by his might and His power. Glory is to Allah, the Best of creators.

At-Tirmithi 2/474, Ahmad 6/30, and Al-Hakim who graded it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed with him 1/220.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Allahum-maktub lee bihaa 'indaka 'ajran, wa dha' 'annee bihaa wizran, waj'alhaa lee 'indaka thukhran, wa taqabbalhaa minnee kamaa taqabbaltahaa min 'abdika Daawooda

O Allah, write it as a reward for me, and release me from a burden for it, and make it a treasure for me in paradise. Accept it from me as You accepted it from your servant Dawud.

At-tirmithi 2/473, and Al-Hakim who graded it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed 1/219

UmmAyub
26-03-07, 08:29 PM
JazakumAllahkhair to everyone who contributed and to those who started this thread.Ameen.

Fortress of the muslim online version is on the link below:

www.makedua.com

wasalaamu alaikum wrwb

MG
30-03-07, 07:04 PM
Invocation For At-Tashahhud (sitting in prayer)

Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu, wattayyibaatu, assalaamu 'alayka 'ayyauhan-Nabiyyu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu, assalaamu 'alaynaa wa 'alaa 'ibaadillaahis-saaliheen. 'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu.

All greetings of humility are for Allah, and all prayers and goodness. Peace Be upon you, o Prophet , and the mercy of Allah and His blessings. Peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allah. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and i bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger.

Al-Bukhari, Muslim 1/301. See also Al-Asqalani, fathul-Bari 1/13

MG
14-04-07, 10:37 PM
How to recite Blessings On the Prophet SAW After The Tashahud

Allahumma salli ‘alaa Muhammadin wa ‘alaa ‘aali Muhammadin, kamaa sallayta ‘alaa ;Ibraaheema wa ‘alaa ‘aali ‘Ibraheema, ‘innaka Hameedun Majeed. Allahumma baarik ‘alaa Muhammadin wa ‘alaa ‘aali Muhammadin, kamaa baarakta ‘alaa ‘Ibraheema wa ‘alaa ‘aali ‘Ibraheema, ‘innaka Hameedun Majeed.

O Allah, bestow your favour on Muhammad on the family of Muhammad as You have bestowed your favour on ibrahim and on the family of Ibrahim , You are Praiseworthy, Most glorious. O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as you have blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim , You are Praiseworthy , Most Glorious.
Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, fathul-Bari 6/408

Allaahumma salli ‘alaa Muhammadin wa ‘alaa ‘azwaajihi wa thurriyyathihi, kamaa sallayta ‘alaa ‘aali ‘Ibraheema. Wa baarik ‘alaa Muhammadin wa ‘alaa ‘azwaajihi wa thutrriyyatihi, kamaa baarakta ‘alaa ‘aali ‘Ibraaheema. ‘Innaka Hameedun Majeed.

O Allah, bestow your favour on Muhammad and upon his wives and progeny as You have bestowed Your favour upon the family of Ibrahim. And bless Muhammad and his wives and progeny as You have blessed the family of Ibrahim, you are full of praise, Most Glorious.

Al-Bukhari from Al-Asqalani , fathul-bari 6/407, Muslim 1/306

MG
31-05-07, 08:45 PM
~Bumped 4 someone who needs it~

Na'eemah
31-05-07, 08:52 PM
:masha: & :jkk:
(no, it wasn't bumped for me btw)

MG
01-06-07, 04:15 PM
Invocations after the final Tashahud and before ending the prayer

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a’ ‘oothu bika min ‘athaabil-qabri, wa min ‘athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Al-Bukhari 2/102, Muslim 1/412, and this is Muslim’s wording

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a’ ‘oothu bika min ‘athaabil-qabri wa ‘a‘ ‘oothu bika min fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaali, wa ‘a ‘oothu bika min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati. Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a ’oothu bika minal-ma’thami walmaghrami.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trial of the False Messiah, and I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from sin and from debt.

Al-Bukhari 1/202, Muslim 1/412

Allaahumma ‘innee dhalamtu nafsee dhulman katheeran, wa laa yaghfiruth thunooba ‘illaa ‘Anta, faghfir lee maghfiratan min ‘indika warhamnee ‘innaka ‘Antal-Ghafoorur-Raheem.

O Allah, I have greatly wronged myself and no one forgives sins but You. So, grant me forgiveness and have mercy on me. Surely, You are Forgiving, Merciful.

Al-Bukhari 8/168, Muslim 4/2078

Allaahum-maghfir lee maa qaddamtu, wa maa ‘akhkhartu, wa maa ‘asrartu, wa maa wa ‘a ‘lantu, wa maa ‘asraftu, wa maa ‘Anta ‘a’lamu bihi minnee. ‘Antal-Muqaddimu, wa ‘Antal-Mu’akhkhiru laa ‘ilaaha ‘illaa ‘Anta.

O Allah, forgive me what I have sent before me and what I have left behind me, what i have concealed and what I have done openly , what I have done in excess, and what You are better aware of than i. You are the One Who sends forth and You are the One Who delays. There is none worthy of worship but You.

Muslim 1/534

Allaahumma ‘a’innee ‘alaa thikrika, wa shukrika, wa husni ‘ibaadatika.

O Allah, help me to remember You, to give you thanks, and to perform Your worship in best manner.

Abu Dawud 2/86, An-Nasai 3/53, See also Al-Albani sahih Abu Dawud 1/284

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a’oothu bika minal-bukhli, wa ‘a’oothu bika minal-jubni, wa ‘a’oothu bika min ‘an ‘uradda ‘ilaa ‘arthalil-‘umri, wa ‘a’oothu bika min fitnatid-dunyaa wa ‘athaabil-qabri.

O Allah, I seek Your protection from miserliness, I seek Your protection from cowardice, and I seek Your protection from being returned to feeble old age. I seek your protection from the trials of this world and from the torment of the grave.

Al-Bukhari, cf.Al-Asqalani, fathul-bari 6/35

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’alukal-jannata wa ‘a’oothu bika minan-naar.

O Allah, I ask You for paradise and seek Your protection from the Fire.

Abu dawud, See also Al-Albani, sahih Ibn Majah 2/238

Allaahumma bi’ilmikal-ghayba wa qudratika ‘alal-khalqi ‘ahyinee maa ‘alimtal-hayaata khayran lee wa tawaffanee ‘ithaa ‘alimtal-wafaata khayran lee, Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’aluka khashyataka fil-ghaybi wash-shahaadati, wa ‘as’aluka kalimatal-haqqi fir-ridhaa walghadhabi, wa ‘as’alukal-qasda fil-ghinaa walfaqri,wa 'as'aluka na’eeman laa yanfadu , wa ‘as’aluka qurrata ‘aynin laa tanqati’u, wa ‘as’alukar-ridhaa ba’dal-qadhaa'i, wa 'as'aluka bardal-'ayshi ba'dal-mawti, wa ‘as’aluka laththatan-nadhari ‘ilaa wajhika wash-shawqa ‘ilaa liqaa’ika fee ghayri dharraa’a mudhirratin wa laa fitnatin mudhillatin, Allaahumma zayyinnaa bizeenatil-‘eemaani waj’alnaa hudaatan muhtadeen.

O Allah, by Your knowledge of the unseen and by Your Power over creation, let me live if You know that klife is good for me, and let me die if You know that death is good for me. O Allah, , I ask You to grant me fear of You inprivate and in Public. I ask You for the word of truth in times of contentment and anger. I ask You for moderation in wealth and in poverty. I ask You for blessings never ceasing and the coolness of my eye (i.e. pleasure) that never ends. I ask You for pleasure after Your judgement and I ask You for a life of coolness after death. I ask You for the delight of gazing upon Your face and the joy of meeting You without any harm and misleading trials befalling me. O Allah, , dress us with the beauty of faith, and make us guides are (upon) correct guidance.

An-Nasai 3/54, 55, Ahmad 4/364. See also Al-Albani, sahih An-Nasai 1/281

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’aluka yaa Allaahu bi’annakal-Waahidul-‘Ahadus-Samadul-lathee, lam yalid wa lam yoolad, wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan ‘Ahad, ‘an taghfira lee thunoobee ‘innaka ‘Antal-Ghafoorur-Raheem.

O Allah, I ask you. O Allah, you are the One, the Only, Self-SuffcientMaster, Who was not begotten and begets not and none is equal tohim. Forgive me my sins, surely you are Forgiving. Merciful.

An-Nasai 3/52, Ahmad 4/338. See also Al-Albani, sahih An-nasai 1/280 and sifat salatun-Nabi, pg.204.

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’aluka bi’anna lakal-hamda laa ‘ilaaha ‘illaa ‘Anta wahdaka laa shareeka laka, Al-Mannaanu, yaa Badee’as-samaawaati wal’ardhi yaa Thal-Jalaali wal-‘Ikraam, yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoomu ‘innee ‘as’alukal-jannata wa ‘a’oothu bika minan-naar.

O Allah, I ask You as You are the owner of praise, there is none worthy of worship but you alone, You have no partner. You are the Giver of all good. O Creator of the heavans and the earth,Owner of majestyand honr. O Living and EverlastingOne, I ask you for Paradise and I seek refuge in You from the Fire.

Abu-Dawud, An-Nasai, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi. See also Al-Albani, sahih ibn majah 2/329.

Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’aluka bi’annee ‘ash-hadu ‘annaka ‘Antallaahu laa ‘ilaaha ‘illaa ‘Antal-‘Ahadus-Samadul-lathee lam yalid wa lam yoolad wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan ‘Ahad.

O Allah, I ask you, by the fact that I bear witness that you are Allah. There is none worthy of worship but You, the Only God, Independent of creation,Who was not begotten and begets not, and none is equal to him.

Abu Dawud 2/62, Ibn Majah, 2/1267, At-tirmithi 5/515, Ahmad 5/360. See also Al-Albani,sahih ibn majah 2/329 and sahih at-tirmithi 3/163

As-Sideeq
01-06-07, 04:28 PM
I've got the book:D

Its great,

Jazakallah khayran.
wassalamu alaikum

MG
01-06-07, 04:30 PM
I've got the book:D

Its great,

Jazakallah khayran.
wassalamu alaikum

:up:

get writing for everyone else as well if u can inshallah

MG
29-09-07, 04:10 AM
*Bump*

Abu 'Abdullaah
29-09-07, 04:44 AM
Fortification of the Muslim (Hisnul Muslim) (http://www.makedua.com/)

lonerider
01-01-09, 01:43 PM

Abu 'Abdullaah
30-04-09, 02:56 AM
The Fortress of the Muslim e-book can be downloaded along with the audios for each dua from al-Ghurabaa (http://www.alghurabaa.org/quran/) (scroll down to 'Hisnul Muslim').